|Parks & Recreation||717-724-0083|
|Water & Sewer Authority||717-540-0124|
|Zoning & Planning||717-540-6075|
West Hanover Township’s Public Works Department is comprised of the Public Works Director (appointed by the Board of Supervisors) and a professional staff of public works employees engaged in a variety of services to the township.
Services provided (but not limited to) include:
- Maintaining/running the Compost Center
- Snow Removal
- Storm Water Management
- Street/Right-of-Way Mowing & Trimming
- Street Maintenance – Pot holes & Patching
- Street Sweeping
- Street Paving
Public Works Staff:
Harold Harman - Public Works Director
Christopher Mumma, Assistant Road Master
The compost facility located at the public works building at 402 N. Fairville Avenue, opens the last Saturday in March. The Compost Facility will be open Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 8 AM until 3 PM.
A permit is required for use of the Compost Facility. Permits are $20, with an option to purchase an additional sticker, for a second vehicle in the household, for an additional $5.
Residents are required to show proof of residency to purchase a sticker for access to the Compost Facility. Stickers may be purchased at the Municipal Building, 7171 Allentown Boulevard, Monday through Friday from 8 AM until 4 PM. If you are unable to visit the Municipal Building during office hours, an application for a Compost Facility Permit can be mailed to you. Permit applications may be requested by calling the Township office at 652-4841 or can be downloaded here.
Compostable Material Accepted:
- Branches (less than 6” diameter, no longer than 4’).
- Yard waste
Recyclable Materials Accepted:
- Used motor oil
- Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs (CFL)
- (No permit required to drop off used oil or CFL’s)
Unacceptable Compost Material:
- Stumps, grass clippings, garbage, railroad ties
- Landscaping timbers, treated lumber, any concrete material
- No contractors will be permitted to use the facility - residents only
- No construction waste.